members area
Rape Crisis (England and Wales)
Rape Crisis (England and Wales) topimage
informationchild sexual abuse
getting help reporting rape giving support counselling
myths & realities student information rape crisis national service standards

Rape Crisis London

Rape Crisis Scotland

Rape Crisis Network Ireland

Rape Crisis Network Europe

rape abroad

If you have been raped in another country and are still there, you can contact the local British Consulate or Embassy for assistance, including medical and legal help.

The Foreign & Commonwealth Office leaflet Rape and sexual assault abroad will give you more information.

If you have reported to the police abroad, you will then need to report to your local police on return, as they may be involved in handling any legal papers. All papers for the prosecution will have to be in the local language of the country where the attack took place. A good solicitor in the UK will help you with this.

Once you are home, contact the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) for updates on the case.

Visit the Rape Crisis Network Europe website for information about rape crisis services in other European countries.

Find your nearest Rape Crisis Centre in England or Wales here.